Oracle Integration Cloud included much awaited Oracle Cloud Adapter for Workday. As customer starts using this adapter, they would need information on following things to start with.
To start with a connection, one needs to know Workday Hostname, Tenant Name and Workday Drive (W:D) Hostname. Let’s start to see one by one.
How to get Workday HostName:
- Login to the Workday sandbox OR Production instance.
- Search for Public Web Service in search box and select Public Web Service from the result.
- From the web services list, follow the steps as shown in the below screenshot and click on the View WSDL option to view the wsdl file . It will open wsdl file.
- In the Open WSDL file , scroll down to the last to check the value of hostname as highlighted in below screenshot.
Tenant Name & W:Drive Hostname:
- Login in to workday and click on the User icon button in right up corner . In that you will see the option called “W:Drive”. Click on that
- Right on any of the File present in the list and select Copy URL option as given in below screen :
- Paste the same URL in text editor and copy the W:Drive URL from highlighted String.
Tenant Name :Workday_Integration_User_Authorization
- In the same above URL you can also get the Tenant Name out of it . Circled in blue is a tenant name for your instance.
- In the same above URL, circled in red is a WD Hostname for your instance.
Next very important thing in case of Workday is to create integration user and it’s role. One of the easiest way to resolve this problem is to assign security admin role to integration user and it will have access to everything. But this does not work with most of the customers due to enhanced security on sensitive data on Workday. Most of Workday customers prefer to create integration user and assign only role those are absolutely necessary. This is what I also recommend to do. And that’s the reason I am writing this blog. Following instructions should be followed to assign appropriate roles to integration user.
- I recommend to create Integration System User (ISU) for integration purpose. Such user does not have access to Workday UI and hence one level of security is already in place.
- Assign the authorization to the IS User as per attached excel sheet. below excel sheet contains instruction on first sheet to follow and other 2 sheets contains information about required security group those needs to be assigned and roles based on functional area. follow the instructions as provided in the excel sheet.
- Once authorization are provided, provide username and password on the OIC create connection screen for Workday adapter and click on test connection button. You should see success message and drag and drop should also work fine for you post connection save.
Drop me questions if you face issues in the comments section and I will try to answer those.